How Often Should You Exercise?
How Often to Exercise?
Training frequency is very important for any routine. Exercise frequency is the number of workout sessions per week. You don't need to exercise everyday to achieve your fitness goals. When it comes to training, more is not better. Training seven days a week is too much stress for your body to handle. Too much stress can seriously affect your physical and mental well-being.
Your body needs time to repair and recover between sessions. You can avoid overtraining by taking rest days between your workouts. It's best to exercise three to four times per week with rest days in between. Rest days are critical to your recovery and injury prevention, so don't skip your rest days.
How Long to Exercise?
Workout duration is another important factor that affects your workout efficiency. The duration of your workout session should not be too short or too long. Many people are making big mistake by exercising for too long. Working out for too long can make it harder for you to gain muscle or lose fat. Exercising for too long can produce a hormone called cortisol, which can lead to weight gain.
Long workouts can also put your body into a catabolic state and destroy your hard-earned muscle. You must end your workout nearly in an hour, too long workout sessions are just the waste of time. It's best to exercise for 30 to 60 minutes each session, but no longer than an hour. If your workout sessions are longer than an hour you are wasting time. Remember, that you don't need to exercise for hours to burn more fat.
When is The Best Time to Exercise?
Different people have different preferences on when to exercise. Some of us are night owls, while others are early birds. Early hours can be hard for night owls. Your body's circadian rhythm is like an internal clock which regulates your sleep-wake cycle, metabolism, and energy level. Listen to your body's internal clock to decide when is the best time to exercise. Our body clocks determine the best time for everything we do: eating, sleeping, exercise and more. Some studies suggest that early risers who exercise on an empty stomach burn more fat. For night owls, try doing evening workouts. The best rule to follow is to work out when is best for you. Studies have shown that there are benefits of exercising at various times of the day.
- Don't forget to warm up before any workout.
- Make sure to do stretching exercises before and after workout session.
- Avoid overtraining by giving your body some time to recover between workouts.
- Don't exercise everyday. Aim to exercise three or four times a week.
- Don't workout for longer than ѕixty minutes. Aim to exercise for at least 30 minutes per day.
- Make sure that you perform the exercises with proper form and technique.
- Drink enough of water to stay properly hydrated.
- Get enough rest by sleeping for at least 8 hours each night.
- Eat healthy and nutritious diet.
- Don't exercise if you are ill or feel tired.