Water Detox Diet
Over time, our body accumulates toxins, which are harmful for the body. These toxins can be from pollution, alcohol consumption, cigarette smoking, drug use, medication, and processed foods. A water detox diet is a great way to to cleanse the body, lose weight and improve overall health. Pure water plays an important role in getting rid of waste products from the body. Water can also boost your metabolism, which allows your body to burn more calories.
Drink More Water
In order to cleanse your body, you need to drink at least 2 liters of water per day. Aim to drink a glass of water before every meal. Drinking a glass of water should be the first thing you do every morning. Drinking more water helps your body stop retaining water, leading you to drop those extra pounds of water weight. In addition, drinking enough water can make you feel fuller and help prevent overeating.
Eat Raw foods
Eating raw foods has many proven health benefits. You need to eat raw foods such as fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds. Raw foods contain more nutrients and enzymes than cooked foods, as cooking destroys many of them. Most of the raw foods are rich in dietary fiber, which is essential for a healthy digestive system. Avoid processed and fast foods as they tend to be heavy on fats and salt. Additionally you need to avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and caffeine.
Follow this diet for up to a week for a general detoxification of your body. You can also add some physical activity to ensure better results. Following a water detox diet can help reduce bloating, improve mood and eliminate toxins from the body.
Health Benefits of Drinking Water
Water is essential for our body to function properly. A person can live for about a month without food, but without water you could only survive for about a week. Staying properly hydrated is very important to overall health. As a matter of fact about 70% of your body consist of water.
- Helps get rid of waste products and toxins.
- Lubricates joints and muscles.
- Regulates body temperature and moistens body tissues.
- Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells.
- Boosts metabolism and helps with weight loss.
- Controls fluid balance in the body.
- Prevents constipation and bloating.
- Makes skin feel softer and improves hair condition.
- Boosts immune system and increases energy.
- Helps relieve headaches and migraines.
Foods to Eat
- Vegetables: Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Broccoli, Carrots, Cabbage, Kale
- Fruits: Bananas, Apples, Oranges, Pineapples, Grapes, Lemons
- Nuts: Almonds, Brazil nuts, Peanuts, Cashews, Hazelnuts, Walnuts
- Seeds: Chia seeds, Flaxseed, Sunflower seeds, Pumpkin seeds
- Drinks: Plain Water, Green tea
- Aim to drink at least 2 liters of water through the day.
- Drink a glass of water 10 minutes before every meal.
- Don't forget to drink a glass of water in the morning when you first wake up.
- Limit your sodium intake to 2,000 milligrams per day.
- Add some exercise to your diet plan.
- Avoid processed and prepackaged foods.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes and drinking caffeinated drinks.
- Eat more frequently but in smaller portions.
- Stay properly hydrated when exercising in hot weather.