Smoothie Diet Plan
A smoothie diet is about replacing one or all of your meals with healthy smoothies that are nutritious and low in calories. A Smoothie is a blended drink made from fresh fruits, vegetables, or berries and various additions of crushed ice, milk, yogurt, chocolate, or ice cream. To avoid the extra calories, substitute them with water, ice, or tea instead of milk, yogurt, or juice. Smoothies are easy and quick to make at home and you can control what goes into your smoothie. It is a delicious way to improve your overall health and detoxify your body.
Aids in Weight Loss
A Smoothie diet plan can be a very effective tool in your overall weight loss strategy. Smoothies are low in calories and fats, which makes them an ideal drink for weight loss. They also are very filling and may help you to eat less, especially if you add greens to them. So load your blender with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your hunger away and control your calories.
Rich in Nutrients
Drinking smoothies is a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals. Smoothies are high in fiber, which helps your digestive system work well. They also are packed with carbohydrates, protein, and antioxidants. Antioxidants helps to combat premature aging and boosts your immune system.
Improves Overall Health
Drinking fruit smoothies regularly can reduce your risk of stroke, cancer, heart disease, and even diabetes. Smoothie diet is a great way to detox your body from the harmful toxins that we are exposed to on a regular basis. This diet can also improve digestion and prevent constipation. According to research studies, green smoothies can help prevent kidney stones. With protein added, a smoothie will give you energy and keep you full for longer.
- If you prefer a thick consistency use less liquid.
- Choose fresh fruits and vegetables in season.
- Always avoid canned or packaged foods.
- Add nuts, seeds or beans for protein.
- Look for blenders with a wide, metal base for stability.
- Use water or coconut water as a base instead of fruit juice or milk.
- Use one cup of dark leafy greens in every smoothie.
- Avoid processed foods as much as possible.
- Replace breakfast with a smoothie and then eat a healthy lunch and dinner.
- Don't forget to drink enough water!