Detox Diet Plan
A detox diet is a short-term diet plan, often 3 to 21 days, focused on removing toxins from the body. This diet is based on the notion that over time, the foods we eat leave toxins in the body, and these toxins build up over time to make us unhealthy. A detox diet plan is a dietary regimen involving a change in consumption habits in an attempt to detoxify the body by removal of toxins or other contaminants. The whole idea of a detox diet is to rid toxins from the body, because the liver is overloaded and needs some outside help. Toxins in food and the environment weaken the body and may create disease. There are many detox diets out there and they can be great to get rid of those unwanted toxins built up over the years. When you are eating a detox diet containing raw foods, you will not be eating anything that is cooked or has been heated above 118 degrees.
The aim of any detox diet plan is to ensure that you consume natural foods and beverages for a certain period. A normal detox diet plan can easily eliminate the body in the gathered harmful toxins. Detox diets are a great way to improve your overall health. A detox plan is not meant to be long term. Most detox diets can help you lose weight since they are low in calories. The detox diet is high in fruit and vegetables, seeds and other grains which will provide enough fiber for the digestive system to function well. Eat a detox diet with plenty of water and fiber, and your body will detox naturally. By following a detox diet you reduce the toxic load and enable the body to function more efficiently.
Lemon Detox Diet
Also known as "Lemonade Diet", the Lemon Detox diet is based on a sugary syrup (made from low-quality maple syrup and palm syrup) that you mix up with water along with freshly-squeezed lemon juice and cayenne pepper for a bit of hot zing. Drink 8-9 glasses of the lemon, water, and cayenne paper and syrup concoction every day for about 10-12 days.
To make one glass lemon detox drink:
- 1 tablespoon (or 20 ml) of Madal Bal Natural Tree Syrup.
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (about half a lemon).
- Half a pinch of cayenne pepper (adjust to taste).
- At least 250ml of water.
If you're looking for an easy fast detox, the lemon detox diet is definitely one of the best. A lemon detox diet will require nothing more but the daily drinking of lemon juice. This detox diet plan can help you cleanse your body and lose weight.
Detox Foods list
- Fruits: lemons, bananas, apples, avocados, pears, pineapples, oranges, grapefruit, dates, plums and figs.
- Berries: goji berries, strawberries, blackberries.
- Vegetables: broccoli sprouts, garlic, mung beans, kale, spinach, arugula, carrots, cabbage, beets, ginger, tomatoes and asparagus.
- Oils: flax seed oil, avocado oil, olive oil.
- Drinks: water, green tea.
- Nuts: brazil nuts, walnuts, peanuts, coconuts.
- Seeds: sunflower, pumpkin, sesame.
- Grains: oats, rice, brown rice.
Things to Avoid on a Detox Diet Plan
- Meat: fish, beef, lamb, pork, poultury, turkey
- Dairy products
- Junk food