Clean Eating Diet Plan
Clean eating diet is a an eating plan that focuses on eating whole, natural and nutrient-dense foods and eliminating all processed foods. It means eating foods that are minimally processed, if processed at all, and closest to their natural state. You should focus on eating natural foods such as whole-grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and lean meats. In order to follow this diet you must avoid processed foods such as refined sugar, margarine, packaged foods, and baked goods. Eating clean is necessary if you are trying to lose weight, build muscle or change your physique. It may also improve your overall health and give you more energy.
Nuts and Seeds
Nuts and seeds are often overlooked as a snack because of their high fat and high calorie content. When eaten in moderation, nuts and seeds are a healthy alternative to snacks such as potato chips and candy. Raw nuts and seeds are an excellent source of healthy fats like omega-3s. They are also rich in protein and minerals such as iron, magnesium, calcium and selenium. Eating a handful of nuts and seeds every day is very good for your heart.
Fruits and Vegetables
Most people do not get enough fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. Eating fruits and vegetables are essential for good health. Fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals, which help nourish your body and keep you protected from diseases. They are also high in dietary fiber, which is necessary for good digestive health. Make sure to include fruits and vegetables with each meal.
Healthy fats are those the body needs to function efficiently. Replace unhealthy fats such as shortening, hydrogenated margarine, and trans fats with healthy fats. Healthy fats from olive oil, avocado, coconut oil, seeds, and salmon are excellent choices. Many studies have shown that healthy fats play an important role in heart and brain health. Healthy fats should make up 15-20 % of your diet.
Lean meats are very rich in protein and contain fewer fats. Protein is an essential nutrient that performs many important roles in your body. Lean meat is also a good source of iron and B-complex vitamins. You should focus on lean meats such as skinless turkey and chicken, lean beef cuts, or fish. Avoid meats that are high in fat, such as pork and stay away from unhealthy condiments.
Benefits of Clean Eating
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Lowers blood pressure
- Boosts your immune system
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Improves brain function
- Helps to regulate appetite
- Aids in weight loss
- Boosts your energy levels
- Elevates your mood
- Gives you more energy
- Improves sleep quality
- When shopping, choose foods that are in their most natural state.
- Eat smaller but more frequent meals throughout the day.
- Make sure to drink enough water. You should drink at least eight glasses of water per day.
- Carefully read food labels and ingredient lists. Don't eat foods with ingredients you can't pronounce.
- Don't forget your diet when you are eating out.
- Make sure to eat slowly and chew food carefully.
- Avoid processed foods at all costs.
- Make sure you include whole grains in your diet.
- Don't forget fish. Enjoy fish at least two times per week.
- Vary your food choices to make sure you get a wide variety of vitamins and minerals.